Filipino guy in Los Angeles, talking about his daily blah, reality tv, world events... a little bit of everything

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Fashion Alternative

Last week, I was so busy that I forgot to put on my belt before I left for school. I did'nt realize my mistake till I was already trekking up the hill to our building and I had to pull my pants while I was carrying a bunch of crap. As soon as I got to my lab, I started looking for a rope. Unfortunately, I only found a wire that I tried to wrap around my waste and tied it up with pliers. As soon as I walked it broke... I was about to give up but I saw we had an extra phone cable... an imaginary lightbulb lights up....next thing you know I was wearing a phone jack for a belt. (ignore the blatant Hanes add and the flabby stomach)





Yesterday, they released the new cast for Bravo's "Project Runway". I thought about how hard it is to design and execute your design so I had a sudden urge to give it a try and squeeze out some of my creative juices. I gave myself an hour, a bunch of grocery store bags, clear tape and scissors. I'm soooo GAY.

Voila here's my work!


The top portion and the rounded skirt are Wal-Mart bags, the flower and the belt are made from the same Asian grocery store bag and the corset-type portion is actually a Target bag but I made folds to produce an interesting pattern.



The back portion is pretty much open except the two strings that holds the dress...how scandalous. Dont worry, I dont have plans on wearing it... mostly because I dont really have the urge to look like a cheap drag queen dressed up in the latest "derelict couture".

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I really love your website, its so interesting and unique.
The dress is fabaluzzzzz by the way, you could be a real designer :P
love your blog!
from:Dakota
http://tekoda.wordpress.com
Please leave me a comment, Love to hear from u!

5:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two thumbs up with that target a la wal*mart dress. I want to see it in real cloth and all that. It would definitely look gorgeous. Anyways, it's my first time here, and I love it. Take care! =)

8:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoi hoi!
hehe lei.
I just looked at your blog agains.,
and I realized, is that a computer bale for your belt
lol! Anyway, creative.
c yu ke
Dakota~

5:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He!he!he! u dork! phone jack u made it as in a belt!! Oh! I know now wat my gift 4 u on X-Mas! Belt!
Cute!dress! look funny but cute!

ur lil sis

9:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mister...That's a beautiful dress. Can you model it for me when I come down and visit!

Lol
ttyl

9:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the belt. the dress. classic

lichelle

12:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy boots!

11:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG you are SOOOO gay. But the dress is quite impressive.

Bojan

4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home