Filipino guy in Los Angeles, talking about his daily blah, reality tv, world events... a little bit of everything

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Goodbye Amazing Race 9 : (

It was a great ending for a great season! Who knew paying attention to each of the countries flags could've meant a difference of winning a million bucks or walking away as the 1st runner loser of the show. Congratulations Hippies! and for Eric and Jeremy (the most homoerotic 'heterosexual' team the race has ever had, sorry for being the first loser), and for RaYo...you guys were fun to watch and congratulations for getting engaged.
BJ and Tyler received their checks, $500,000 each. Phil told them to get a stylist especially BJ is wearing something between a broke pimp or a circus magician, while Tyler looks like A DOM ( a dirty old millionaire)

Anyway, to celebrate the finale, The Boyfriend and I went to a TAR9 (thats "The Amazing Race 9" for non-fans) Finale Party at Dave & Busters at the Block in Orange. It was dinner and a show type of thing except that dinner was mostly finger food but it was compensated with an open bar (which some of the attendees took great advantage of but not me....I was good). Each table had at least two contestants from the previous season so you can chit-chat with them about their experience, what are they up to now and wheter or not they're victims of "bad edit" hehe.... Since I bought the cheaper tickets we didnt get to pick which table we're going to be sitting in thus we got stucked with the less than popular contestants ( not that its bad, I was hoping to be in the table of one of the previous winners).

In our table we had Michael and Kathy, from season 3 (I couldnt really remember how they got eliminated but after talking to Kathy (since Michael was one of those guys who set up camp by the bar, thus didnt see him for the rest of the night) she told us that they got eliminated because they put gas on their car and not diesel (I guess in Spain its like the Philippines). Well that and they sort of gave up and got a hotel instead of actually dealing with the issue at hand. Anyway, Kathy was very nice and she told me that it was her idea to try out for the show (I wonder what did she have to do to convince Michael to try out). She also told me that Phil was very cool, and that you really wont get any sleep during the race. She had other stories but it was impossible to hear most of it because everyone around us were having their own conversations not to mention season 7's gay-married couple, Lynn and Alex were taping their show near where we were sitting and they kept shooting sound bites and mini-interviews of the other racers. About half an hour before the show, Chip (season5 winner together with Kim) hosted a question and answer type of thing. Once again, Lynn and Alex pretty much took all the spotlight, but Uchenna (season 7 winner) was awfully nice too and ended up with the microphone several times. Probably half of the contestants on stage did not get the chance to say anything but I'm sure they dont care, they just want to get this thing over with so they could hit the bar again.

I thank Boyfriend for being my photographer for the night (he didnt want to be in the pictures) and Kathy for being so friendly and patient coz I kept asking her questions.





One of my favorite teams, The Bowling Mom's (not only are they great racers but their also from the L.A. area so i was really rooting for them). You can see that theyre showing their support for the hippies because the guys wore shirts during the race that says "Bowling" and "Moms" on them. Anyway, it was sad when these two were eliminated in the beautiful beaches of Palawan in the Philippines. Oh yeah, the blonde in the middle is Victoria (remember how Jonathan mistreated Victoria from season 6, well theyre still together so I guess thats just how they show love to each other).



Debbie and Bianca was really late for the party, I didnt see them till half-way through the show. Bianca was really nice, after we took pictures she wanted to chit chat more, something about adding her on myspace (she gave me her email address that she uses for myspace but I have yet to request an add), she was also telling us about some Sexiest Reality TV Calendar coming out...I didnt want to dissapoint her by telling her that I would probably buy the guys version of the calendar and not the one's where girls are in it).


Team Guido........its funny how The Boyfriend hated them soo much that when I suggested that I take a picture of him with these two, he seemed disgusted and revolted by the idea.... I on the other hand loved how devious they played the race. I think without them, the first season of Amazing Race was just going to be a love fest and thats no fun to watch. They also brought their dog, Guido who was chillin' in the black shoulder bag is actually a dog bag (not the left over kind). Its funny coz all the gays in that event just kept buzzing around them the entire night.

Joyce and Uchenna was awfully nice. You cant miss Uchenna because not only is he tall but he is a big guy. Joyce was smiling the entire night. We didnt get the chance to talk much mostly because I was feeling shy... I dont know why, I really just loved this team when they were racing and here I am not saying anything when I got the chance to tell them. I like Joyce's hairstyle, well mostly because she actually had hair this time as opposed to during the race when she had to shave it all off.



Question and answer portion. Sorry for the bad picture...I just couldnt stabilize my hands. As you can see Alex is talking (proof of what I said earlier).

Joyce posing for the cameras.


Kathy and myself...hmmm is there some resemblance or is it just a Filipino thing.


Lynn and Alex interviewing Rebecca (season6 sorry she's not facing the camera) Josh in the far left (season4, who was celebrating his birthday and his Mom even offered us some of his cak...yummy) and Uchenna once again looking tall and scary.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Were you in Amazing Race Heaven or what?!!! Aren't you and the boyfriend going to try out soon? My coworker has seen the hippies a couple times in SF.

1:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! You've re-awaken the television for me, hahaha.. I haven't seen any tv in a long time.

Let's see Amazing race, I think I caught the one where they were in the Philippines. But not much after that...

Hehee.. lucky to be with the stars, i forget how much you liked reality tv.

Lichelle

12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG JOYCE AND UCHENNA AND YOU DIDn'T TALK TO THEM!?!??!!??!?!?!?!

Best win ever on Amazing Race.

Granted, I have not watched since then, so there may have been better. But they're black. and they WON, damnit! HA! Take that you obnoxious jonathan!

5:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home